AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a 42" plasma install into my small (as in, NYC small) bedroom. We're doing it both for the added viewing pleasure along with the interest in saving floor/surface space.

To cut to the chase, my objective is to move EVERYTHING off of surface space and onto the wall. As such, I've got to move the DVD Player, TiVo, and Cable Box onto the wall, also.

On of the kinks in this plan is that we don't have hollow walls. As such, I'll probably end up using some surface mounted conduit to run an extension cord and the cable coax up the wall to the base of the plasma wall bracket (which is behind the TV itself). From there, I'd run the wires behind the screen either to the side or above the screen (we do have high ceilings) where, presumably, I'd have a shelf/cabinet of some sort holding all the equipment.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a shelf/wallmount cabinet that I could use in this type of setup? Obviously I'm looking for something more that just a standard Home Depot shelf here -- I'm hunting for something that looks good, maybe has some wire management, etc, etc.

Appreciate any thoughts/help you might have...

-- Mark

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use wire shelving from elfa - titanium colour. They are very strong - they look like the ones at Home Depot's but HD's shelves are weak compared to these guys and they don't have the nice titanium colour. I got them through my neighbour who has a shelving store.

They have tracks you mount on the wall and the shelves hook into them, make sure there is a stud if you want to mount your equipment. There is about a half an inch gap behind each shelf so you can freely slide your cables, all my equipment are on them - it is free floating, no legs of cabinets on the carpet - nothing touches the floor.

Check them out at www.elfa.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.