AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a Sherbourn 5/5210 amp, and I guess it has a 12volt trigger to turn it on/off via a 12volt signal from another device. The problem I have, my pre/pro will not have a 12volt trigger output.

so is there any solution that can make the trigger on the amp work (other than getting a different pre/pro)?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Does your pre/pro have switched ac outlets on the back?

I am using Sherbourn 5/5210 amplifier in 12V trigger mode. My Denon AVR-3802 receiver does not have a trigger output but does have swtiched ac outlets. So I am using Radio Shack 9V, 1500mA compact power adapter (Product# 273-1771; http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=273%2D1771 ) with Radio Shack 6" Power Leads (Product# 273-1742; http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=273%2D1742 ) for converting Denon's switched ac into 9V DC to be used as trigger for Sherbourn. Works excellent!! 12V trigger of Sherbourn accepts any voltage between 9V- 12V dc.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the pre/pro is going to be a B&K Ref50. But I could use a power macro on my remote to turn on an X-10 applicance module, and then hook up those 2 radio shack items you listed. I guess this would be the easiest option?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Huh? The Ref 50 has FOUR programmable trigger outputs. Suggest you download the manual and read it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kirby Baker
No, the pre/pro is going to be a B&K Ref50. But I could use a power macro on my remote to turn on an X-10 applicance module, and then hook up those 2 radio shack items you listed. I guess this would be the easiest option?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I do have a 1500A (the previous model) and my receiver (that I use as a pre/pro for the time-being :p) does not have the trigger. However, it works okay because the 1500A will turn itself off if there is no signal for some time.

But since you found that your pre/pro will have a trigger, I guess that doesn't matter.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I looked at the back panel, and saw the 4 triggers sitting right next to 2 IR input jacks, and thought they were IR output jacks... I guess I should stop assuming things! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.