AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

An old but nice Sherwood Newcastle P-965 landed in my hands a year ago, I have been using it in an office and as my digital collection of music has grown i decided to hook my to the USB port .. on the pre amp

unfortunatly i cant get it to recognize as there are no drivers to be found.

I emailed Sherwood newcastle a couple times and never even received a response, so i figured someone here might have a copy of the drivers lingering around. Given the age i am sure there are no windows 7 or 8 drivers, but i have different versions of operating systems around if i need to down grade the what computer i use as the digital transport so windows xp or windows vista will do must fine for me :) (which would all be age appropriate

i read through the http://www.avsforum.com/t/456470/sherwood-newcastle-r-965-p-965-owners-help posts here but thought i would ask the question openly just in case someone has them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump anyone with usb drivers any place out there in the world i have contacted Sherwood Newcastle multiple times not even received a response to say sorry, we do not have them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I have the same problem. I’m a happy owner of Sherwood P965/A965 set. But I can’t find any software (drivers or upgrade file) for this model on official website to successfully connect the device to my PC. I tried to search on the internet but to no avail. I heard that Jeff sent these files via email. Please, if someone happen to have anything for this device, reply! THANKS!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello! I have the same problem. I’m a happy owner of Sherwood P965/A965 set. But I can’t find any software (drivers or upgrade file) for this model on official website to successfully connect the device to my PC. I tried to search on the internet but to no avail. I heard that Jeff sent these files via email. Please, if someone happen to have anything for this device, reply! THANKS!
I have not had any luck, i had contacted Eugene at Sherwood Newcastle and he pretty much ignored the request not so much as a thank you but we lost those ages ago, I believe the outlaw 990 has the same drivers but have not found those either boy if someone has these it would be super awesome of you to share!

·
Registered
2 Posts
michigannick, thanks for your reply! I'm really surprised if not shocked by such a disgusting customer support of this company! I'll try to contact some local dealers and will let you know if I find something, but again, that is absolutely unacceptable! Now I wouldn't buy a thing from this company!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like driver also . and A service manual would be nice I have a unit with no display would like to try figure out what is wrong thanks Kent

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
michigannick, thanks for your reply! I'm really surprised if not shocked by such a disgusting customer support of this company! I'll try to contact some local dealers and will let you know if I find something, but again, that is absolutely unacceptable! Now I wouldn't buy a thing from this company!!!
Sherwood closed its offices in the US two years ago. The only possible support would come from Inkel, it's parent company. Inkel is based in South Korea.

Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the frustrating part is i had contact with them prior to the shut down.. i have been searching for several years now these will probably end up on the scrap pile .. nice sounding gear for sure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts