AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its me again with up-grade problems, Ive got the Sherwood receiver icon in my add-remove files, how do I get the Sherwood driver in there? Im doing something wrong & I bet its something easy for you computer guys to figure out!! thanks

·
Registered
631 Posts
In XP:

right click on "my computer"

select "manage"

select "device manager"

Is there something in there with an "!" that would match up with the Sherwood USB driver?

If so, right click on it, and select "update driver"

The first screen might be a request to search on-line. You can answer any way you like on this one.

On the next screen the choices will include "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" select this option.

"Don't search. I will choose the driver to install."

"Have Disk"

Browse to find the directory where you downloaded the drivers, or the CD on which they came.

After selecting a directory, you should get a list of devices with drivers in that directory. If it's blank try another directory, and/or uncheck "Show compatible hardware"

Select the appropriate device, and click next.

After this, it should be clear sailing.

If it doesn't work, and there were other drivers in that directory, go back and try one of them. When you get the right driver, the "!" should disappear.

Good luck.

--Mike

·
Registered
476 Posts
as a r965 owner i had a few problems but thanks to people on here worked it out (in 2 days :eek:)

Follow Llamas instructions and u cant go wrong

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.