AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Has Anyone Had The R965 With Klipsch Speakers I Have The Legends I Have A Pioneer Elite 43tx I Will Be Replacing Also I Will Be Using A Earthquake Grande 3 Channel For The Front 3 Speakers I Can Get A Brand New R965 For $1350 With The Upgraded Eq Is That A Good Price They Retail For $2000 But Don't Seem To Hold There Value That Good Thanks Rich

·
Registered
48 Posts
please use proper sentence structure. My brain hurts now

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by geespot

So Sorry Rich

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geespot
Let's give the benefit of a doubt. Maybe, the poster is using one of those new keyboards that don't offer punctuation keys. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje
Let's give the benefit of a doubt. Maybe, the poster is using one of those new keyboards that don't offer punctuation keys. :rolleyes:
Is this how you treat all your new members, I didn't know this was english class. Now can anyone help me or is there anymore wise cracks. :cool: Rich

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje
Even more interesting is the CAPS LOCK feature that only seems to affect the first letter of each word.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there anyone hear that can help me I did a search on Sherwood and there where a lot of threads. Just what some info on this receiver Thanks Rich

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Rich, the best price I've seen for the r965 is $1400. If you PM me I can give you the name of the dealer I bought my P-965 pre amp from. The dealer is authorized and will ship out of their state. The $1400 was a dealer on the net. The dealer I bought from is a different dealer, but doesn't advertise their lowest price. I'm sure they can beat the $1400 and maybe even the 1350 your found.

As for the speakers and Sherwood combo I'd say the Sherwood is pretty neutral sounding so the Klipsch could work well, but with a neutral receiver and bright speakers like Klipsh the sound may be a bit harsh at high volumes and very detail at normal levels. just something to think about.

Legairre

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Legairre, what amps are you using with your p965? I will be using a Earthquake cinenova 3 for the front three channels. I think the cinenova is a slightly laid back amp what do you think of this combo? Rich

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I have a Rotel RMB-1095 for five channels and a Rotel RB-1050 for the two center back channels. My speakers are Monitor Audio Silver S10 which are considered by some to be on the bright side, but to Klipsch owner they would be laid back. That's not a knock on Klipsch it's just that a friend of mine is a Klipsch owner and while I find my speakers perfect for me they just wouldn't be a speaker for him.

I think the Grand is a perfect amp to match with a neutral preamp or receiver and bright/forward speakers.

Did you mean p965 in your original post or R965, because R965 is a receiver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a 3 channel cinenova so was thinking of getting the R965 to take care of the surround duties But I keep hearing the Sherwood is on the bright side if that's true I don't think it will work You see there is no Sherwood dearer in my area and the one I'm dealing with will not take it back if I buy it from him :( What do you think Rich

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Rich,

it's your lucky day. I'm in New Haven County too. The R965 and my P965 pre amp have the exact same internals minus the P965 not having any amps. You are more than welcome to come over my place and see how the P965 sounds. Heck if you want bring your amp and your speakers too so you can really hear how it sounds with your gear or if you like I can bring my P965 to your house and you can hear it with your gear in your room. What ever works best for you is fine with me.

Also the dealer I bought mine from is authorized and out of CA. They also take returns up to 30 days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Legairre

just go an email back from my dealer he said he would let me demo for 2 weeks but I appreciate the offer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.