AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Sherwood Newcastle has a well-deserved reputation for making quality components. Unless somebody has discovered a design flaw in one or the other, I would assume that the two units are equally capable, as far as CD playback is concerned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody know why the cd has the weight of 16,3lbs and the dvd 12,3lbs...

if it's the same player...

/John

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Who said they were the same player? You asked if one was better than the other.

Weight differences could be anything. Maybe they figured audiophiles were impressed by weight, and loaded up the CD player.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Yohanboy, it sounds like you need comments from somebody who has owned one or both players. Thus, your question might be better phrased: "Does anyone who has experience with either or both of these players have any comments to offer regarding their relative sound quality?"

When you ask a question like you asked, you're likely to get more general responses from folks who think you might be asking if CD players sound different from one another, etc. It sounds like you're really asking a different question.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okey smitty!!!

I use your question...

"Does anyone who has experience with either or both of these players have any comments to offer regarding their relative sound quality?"

I've got the SD-871 right now, but i just wonder if the cd is better build, with better components, and by that, better sound quality.

It's cheaper, but heavier. And is it worth it, or is my dvd player as good as the cd for music?

Sounds to me that it must have something else that the dvd doesn't got!

I haven't found a review of the cd player, so if anyone got something...

would be great!!!

Regards John

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
As another suggestion, you might try writing Sherwood and asking them for their thoughts, or whether they could refer you to any reviews, etc. Not that you should necessarily accept anything they say at face value, but I recall one time having difficulty finding reviews of a particular component, and the manufacturer answered some of my questions and directed me to some outside information on the product (which I ended up not purchasing in the end).

P.S. I would not put too much stock in the fact that one player is heavier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts