AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to thank everyone that has helped me with my Sherwood. Im still having trouble with the down loading. Stereojeff sent me the instructions via email, when I save the file where do I put the file? I had everything before but thought it was down loaded wrong so I deleted everything & was going to start again, now when I tried to down load I cant find the little stereo icon!!! thanks

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Jeff sent you the zip file and I assume a small Word document with instructions.

Save both attachment to wherever your comfortable remembering. Lets say 'temp' directory if you have one.

Then within that 'temp' directory go ahead and double click on the zip file and use the 'extract' function and extract it again to a directory of your choosing or create one ( I named mine Sherwood Upgrade) within whatever zip utility your using (like WinZip).

Within that newly created folder directory or folder directory of choosing should be a folder named firmware_**** and a PDF document. Within that folder (firmware_***) should be two folders and a BIN file.

Follow the directions sent to you by Jeff and when all is said and done you should have a folder created and named 'Sherwood Reciever' under your Program Files directory.

Don't forget to make sure the USB drivers have been installed. When you connect the USB cable the Device Manager should come up informing you new hardware was found. Let it find it.

Bill

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, when I tried to down load before I deleted everything Eugene at Sherwood said the cable I was using may be wrong. The cable I got has a firewire conn. on one end & a standard usb on the other. Its called a usb 2.0 cable what other one do I need? Also when I tried to down load the computer kept saying device not found! thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dholmes54
Thanks, when I tried to down load before I deleted everything Eugene at Sherwood said the cable I was using may be wrong. The cable I got has a firewire conn. on one end & a standard usb on the other. Its called a usb 2.0 cable what other one do I need?
You have the right cable. You shouldn't need another cable. USB 2.0 is backward working with USB 1.0. No worries there.

Quote:
Also when I tried to down load the computer kept saying device not found! thanks again!!
I'm a bit confused by this comment. Could you clarify? At what point did you get this message?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
To ensure that the USB driver is installed open Windows Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and check for the following

1) Sherwood Receiver

2) Sherwood Receiver USB Driver

Do you have both of these listed??

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
No just the Sherwood receiver
Which is why your going nowhere. You need to install the USB drivers in order to get things going.

You have a choice. Start over by removing the Sherwood Reciever from 'add/remove' programs or by using the Hardware Wizard and try adding the USB drivers. Point the Hardware Wizard to the location of the drivers you unzipped...in particular the folder named 'Sherwood P965R FTDxxdriver. Do this with the P-965 connected via USB.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mr. Biggles, you have went beyond the call of duty helping me & I thank you!!!! I have deleted everything & going to start again, when I opened the email file I just opened it on a temp, the Sherwood icon came up on my desk top but the rest of the stuff I need didnt. When I want to save it where do I put it? ps I am considering cancelling my up-grade, most of it I dont need!! lip sync, sub distance, & others. My Sherwood sounds GREAT like it is!! thanks

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
? ps I am considering cancelling my up-grade, most of it I dont need!! lip sync, sub distance, & others. My Sherwood sounds GREAT like it is!! thanks
Don't do this by any means. The auto speaker set-up alone is worth it. When you get your Mic from Sherwood and run the auto speaker set-up you'll know what I mean.

If you actually need to physically talk to someone for guidance, PM me and I'll give you my phone # and we can 'walk' thru the procedure.

Bill

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
dholmes if you wish to take a little trip, you could come over my way, I live in Prestonsburg, KY, about 1 hour east of you, i figure, maybe a little more and I could show you how its done, I use a HTPC and the p-965

or bring your sherwood over and we could update him here

let me know if you would like to do that

and i agree with Bill you need the update

-Gary

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I opened the file now & it says r965 (2004-9-13) size 256 is that the one? Also when i checked in the add or remove area the Sherwood receiver is there but not the driver how do I put it there? thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
You had the same pronles I did. Like my computer I had to force the drivers. Go through Device Manager and do a search for the drivers, then select the sherwood drivers. Took me 3 days to finally fo it with the help of the guys on here. See this thread, as it will help -
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=sherwood

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.