AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be moving from Hawaii to the mainland, and will be shipping a ton of stuff. I'm trying to decide whether to shop my Tosh 62HM195, or whether to just sell it and buy another display in the new place.

What are the odds that it will survive the shipping (not in original packing material, but packed by professional movers) in perfect shape -- ie, not in need of adjustment or other service? Do DLP's have adjustable mirrors that are likely to come out of adjustment, or other parts that are likely to suffer? Or is it all just fixed geometry in there?

Thanks!

-b

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you military??? If yes, if its screwed up because of shipping can't you still claim it as damaged? Have you asked the moving company what guarantees they offer to get it to your destinantion safely? Just some thoughts hope it helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd first check with the moving company. I'd make certain that it will be replaced/repaired if it is damaged during the move. If that is not possible then I would think selling it, and just buying something new would be the easiest thing for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not military; the moving company does insure it, but I'm more worried about subtle problems like misalignment (where it would take some arguing), than dramatic stuff like if it gets dropped and seriously broken (which would be obvious to anyone). I remember, back in the day, moving CRT RP's was a nightmare and always required a calibration afterwards. The cost difference between shipping and selling + buying new is only about $700, so I'm torn.

Anyone know if the optics or other pieces in these things is subject to subtle damage?

-b

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.