AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom is moving from Florida to Denver. It looks like the cost of packing and shipping her Samsung 40” plasma (bought in 2009 for $700) there would exceed its current value. I wondered if that was the consensus here among those who have looked into shipping flatscreens. Pity; she loves the TV and it still looks great.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
for something like that, i'd sell it, and buy another locally at the new location.

really only worth it if it's something that's irreplaceable, or you're renting a uhaul and packing it yourself anyway

·
Premium Member
18,302 Posts
My mom is moving from Florida to Denver. It looks like the cost of packing and shipping her Samsung 40” plasma (bought in 2009 for $700) there would exceed its current value. I wondered if that was the consensus here among those who have looked into shipping flatscreens. Pity; she loves the TV and it still looks great.
Just remove the stand, then wrap the whole TV in a soft blanket followed by a lot of bubble-wrap and protect the screen with thick layers of cardboard or even a thin slab of cheap plywood, tape the heck out of it, and ship it along with all her other furniture. It's easier to handle than a headboard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys -- I should have mentioned that she won't be moving any furniture so the TV would have to be shipped separately. Sounds like selling it and buying one at the destination is the way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts