AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case folks are like me and just kind of happen upon these things. I just noticed Die Another Day is on SHO tonight.

Finally! A [relatively] new movie on SHO I actually want to watch! Should be fun.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Finally, Halle Berry in a bikini in hi def. Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Shah - I have seen Monster's Ball, so I guess I need to Tivo Swordfish next! woooot

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Brente, it's Showtime HD, not HBO. When have they not done OAR?

Marc.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Marc D Carra
Brente, it's Showtime HD, not HBO. When have they not done OAR?

Marc.
uh, oh yeah... guess it's been a while since showtime has had a movie worth watching... :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
As a side note, one of my guilty pleasures , Robocop 2, is listed as a High Def transfer in Febuary on Showtime. I was actually more excited about this one, than I was about Die Another Day, especially since the DVD is an old non-anamorphic piece of crap.

Marc.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Did anyone notice that the center channel dialog more often than not was lower in level than the other channels? I had to on a few occasions bump up the master level to hear anything.

I finally had to bump up the center channel level a few notches (hated doing that).

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I must say that I thought this was a decent Bond compared to the prior Brosnan efforts. Goldeneye was fun, but The WOrd is Not Enough and Tomorrow Never Dies were absolute gargantuan pieces of **** in my opinion.

And in case you had not heard, MGM is trying to force the Bond films to be Americanized and the Broccoli family, which controls the rights, is fighting tooth and nail. They should (though they have already let them become to Americanized, with nothing but tons of FX and no solid scripting).

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Wait.... they haven't been americanized yet? (I have every title on dvd though). I think the downfall started with Roger Moore (god they were so corny... or much more corny then necessary).

The guy (whose name obviously escapes me right now) before Pierce wasn't bad. Goldeneye was good. Tomorrow Never Dies... it was 'aight'. Pierce's last two have been watchable for eyecandy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You know what is funny, the Bond people disliked the most, is the one that is most closely like Ian Fleming's Bond, Timothy Dalton. If you saw those movies you saw the Bond that is most like the books. He was more of a bad man in those movies, then any of the Pierce movies. He wasn't all just good lucks, but a man who was very complex.

I actually like the Timothy Dalton movies as you can see. He got back to more of the Sean Connery/Ian Fleming Bond and less like the Roger Moore/Pierce Brosnan, I can bed every woman and aren't I cool doing it.

By the way, the HD presentation was stunning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.