AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are those who claim that when you add an HD DirecTV receiver, when they 'turn on' the HD stuff, HBO-HD gets turned on whether you're an HBO subscriber or not. I currently have an HD receiver, and I'm also an HBO subscriber, so I can't verify that as true; I get HBO-HD, but I pay for it.

I'm about to add the Sat-C kit. Will I get SHO-HD after I call and tell them I'm Sat-C enabled? If not, can I subscribe to SHO, turn on SHO-HD, then unsubscribe from SHO 2 minutes later and still get SHO-HD?

Thanks, y'all!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tomwid
I believe it is now a part of the shotime sub. turn off sub, loose (sic) showtime.
Actually, no. My six-month free Showtime subscription recently expired and I didn't know it for three days because SHOHD didn't go away. Found out when I tried to watch another showtime channel and got the "721" message. You have to make sure the "HD Package" (at no charge) is active.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Jon and Tom!

Is sick showtime, like, another showtime channel? That'd be awesome! ;)

So has anyone called up and had them turn on SHO-HD without being a showtime subscriber? It sounds like you, Jon, had it stay on after showtime went away, which is good, but not quite the answer I was hoping for...

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I was able to just get them to add the Showtime HD line (a seperate entry not to be confused with the other HDTV line) to my account without subbing to Showtime but that was when the channel first debuted a month ago. Not sure if they'll still do that or not. You could try subbing to Showtime if you have to, to get them to add the SHO HD line as well and then cancel SHO, but the HD line might disappear also. You might just have to play CSR roulette.

And HBO HD is no longer included even if you have the HDTV line on your account which is what activates HDNet. HBO HD used to be included that way, but it's not anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.