AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent post, Jason Turk, our guru of front projectors, stated that he didn't like big screens. I, probably like most, assumed he meant movie theaters with big screens.

Not So! It has recently come to light that Jason was refering to a big screen in his home. He personally uses a 13" Black&White Sylvania Television with Rabbit Ears.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
I would have guessed a 9 inch Sony OLED. Seriously, I like what I watch and having it large makes the experience much more immersive, especially for sports. But the devices I watch it on, I wish they were less flawed and I have lots of high qualty devices. The more you know, the more the flawsbother you because many flaws do not have to exist.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Not happening. I do you an external video processor to get around certain projector limitations My next projector will I think be something capable of displaying 3D with shutterglasses. Nothing like that available yet except in the above $50K range such as the wonderful machine Lon owns.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Hmmmm

This is very interesting... I seem to recall shuttling off my old 9" Sony Trinitron to a back closet shelf somewhere.............

Maybe I could work a trade with Jason for one of those evil nasty big screen projectors he is forced to play with!

·
Registered
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Whitehead /forum/post/18147687

Actually, Jason has a bit of a problem with calibration since he's color blind.

Not true. Its his leader dog that is color blind.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Jason's home theater probably looks a lot like mine...

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
The only thing more perect would be a minuture doll of Tryg rigged up to a tracking device and a squirt gun that would shoot a stream of warm water jat a person standing in front of that TV and aimed just below that person`s belt buckle or waist and chuckle, Hah. Made you wet your pants.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.