AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to switch back and forth last evening to be sure, but D* ShoHD was showing the story about our president's handling of 9/11 whilst Comcast ShoHD was showing Windtalkers. I thought that interesting for some reason.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
windtalkers was on earlier (before the 9/11 thing) on D*

I was too busy watch "Fireworks" on DiscHD

Louisville was AWESOME

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess there are different feeds. As an othercoaster, the 3 hr difference is a pain. I want to watch a movie at 8PM, not 5.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
There are two each of the HD SHO and HBO feeds. The difference is the East coast feeds and the West coast feeds. Our cable system has all feeds, which makes it great when searching for HD content at any particular time. Others view it as a waste of bandwidth to offer the same programming with a three hour time difference, but it does have choice advantages.

vegggas

edit: addition:

The two feeds do sometimes show different content when a llive event is about to start. To sync the feeds for a live event, they may throw in different programming for a short time to get them synced up.

v

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drhill
I think it would be great to have both feeds but comcast doesn't have them. :(
Here in Atlanta we have HBO E and W HD feeds on Comcast but only one Showtime HD feed. However, the HBO feeds have different programming, not just timeshifting. More choices that way!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
So you're saying that HBO has more than two HD feeds? That's news to me. I get HBO East from D* and West from Comcast, but they are the same except for the 3 hour difference. What other HBO do you get in HD?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DDisney
Here in Atlanta we have HBO E and W HD feeds on Comcast but only one Showtime HD feed. However, the HBO feeds have different programming, not just timeshifting. More choices that way!

They are the same with a 3 hour time shift. No hard to verify if you look at your program guide. They are just a east and west feed of HBO 1.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kevinivey
They are the same with a 3 hour time shift. No hard to verify if you look at your program guide. They are just a east and west feed of HBO 1.
Oops, my bad, you are correct! Thanks for the clarification.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.