AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a while, I've just been enjoying my 50phd7uy for the last year. I occassionally check in for friends to see what's out there.

I had recommended to a friend a few months ago the 42" ED panny and at the time it was less then $1,500. I see that it's no longer available. And the 8uy Ed is now about $1,800 through most of the sponsors.

he's a marine, and so with budget in mind that's what I was thinking. Although is he better off now finding a consumer model with the hdmi port built in? Since that costs about $150?

Please help with some suggestions. Is the zenith 42" still available for a good price? What does the commercial 42" ED go for and is that better or equal to the new 8uy

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky
Well, it's been a while, I've just been enjoying my 50phd7uy for the last year. I occassionally check in for friends to see what's out there.

I had recommended to a friend a few months ago the 42" ED panny and at the time it was less then $1,500. I see that it's no longer available. And the 8uy Ed is now about $1,800 through most of the sponsors.

he's a marine, and so with budget in mind that's what I was thinking. Although is he better off now finding a consumer model with the hdmi port built in? Since that costs about $150?

Please help with some suggestions. Is the zenith 42" still available for a good price? What does the commercial 42" ED go for and is that better or equal to the new 8uy

Thanks,
The Visio's, Tantung, & Maxents are in his range.. ecost.com has some great budget models..GL..

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am an E-3 in the Air Force and the only buyer remorse I have is not investing a little bit more and getting the 50inch PHD7UY over the 42 inch PWD7UY that I currently own. I wouldn't skimp on something cheaper and sacrifice PQ when the price difference is so close. I also bought the 7UY for the same price that the 8UK is selling for. So tell him he CAN afford it if I can. I felt sickly after I placed the order for my plasma on my salary, but it has turned out to be worth every single cent and then some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.