AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the $400 accessDTV pci card in my PC and had been watching OTA HD on my 21" Trinitron PC monitor for a month. The picture is excellent and WOW! , and is a great reference standard while I shop and wait for big screen prices to drop. We all know how hard it is to see a true HD display on the showroom models, you'd be lucky to get a demo loop going. But after lots of leg work, I've come to the conclusion that sets in the $2k to $3k range are just NOT GOOD ENOUGH! The Pana 47wx49 and Toshiba 50h81 (CBS SEC football on) had displays that were inferior to my PC monitor. A Sony 65" ($5k) had HDnet on and it was WOW. A Mitsubishi 50" (about $2k) with HDnet on was NOT wow. That's right, even HDnet was not impressive. A Sony 51" was really disappointing showing the Good Guys demo loop. The $10k plasmas were truly WOW! The Sony 34" direct view ($4k) was very good (but 34" is too small).

It could be the store, the individual adjustment, whatever. But I can't find anything under $5000 that is truly better than my 21" PC monitor. And I don't have $5000 to spend. Any thoughts or similar experience to share? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.