Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you do it?

Right now, I'm looking into widescreen LCD panels for a new PC. I can find the models on the makers' internet sites, but they seldom give prices, and you can't go and personally try the items out, nevermind finding prices, if the stores don't have them.

And, even if you decide to buy blind, what then? The manufacturers don't sell online. The local stores don't have the stuff. If you ask about a special order, they'll check their list and tell you that they're authorized to carry/order every product by that maker exept the one item you want. The websites' dealer locators either don't work because all major companies hire morons to ineptly run their websites, or work but then tell you that nobody's authorized to sell the stupid thing within 300 miles of you.

I'm sure I'll be able to find SOME way out of this mess with a simple LCD panel monitor. But how in the world do you manage it with the more obscure pieces of equipment? Is there another trick/technique that I'm missing?

·
Registered
785 Posts
What if you google the model number?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
There are e-tail stores that might carry the item. For a return, you'd have to pay for return shipping, but that may be the only way. Do like ProofTech suggested and use a search engine. You'll probably get the item cheaper than at a retail store. But check with the manufacturer about their warranty. Some campanies won't honor warranties from online stores.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm... I don't have a single item in mind, I'm trying to compare a bunch. Where are the basic LCD panel online stores' websites?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just googled "widescreen lcd" and there are two sponsored links, plus gateway, a site called TechnoScout, and numerous others all selling lcd monitors for PCs in various sizes. Could be that none of those have what you are looking for, but google is probably the best way to find it. Either that or post more specific questions to forums like this and the gurus will steer you the right way

Sorry if that's not helpful.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
circuit city has a bunch of widescreen lcd's so do best buy and compusa. but IMHO lcd's are a waste until they fix some of the problems. granted i wouldnt mind loosing the big crt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.