AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was I the only one who noticed that on CBS last night, the HD picture was about an inch or so "underscanned" at the top only? This was on CSI: Miami and whatever show airs before it (might have been on all programming last night). I'm in Miami if that matters.

Only people with projectors might have noticed this. Bottom line is, I've been watching OTA network HD for the past year, and every channel fills my screen to all 4 edges, with just a little overscan bleeding off. Last night though, only CBS was "short," and only on the top edge. Moreover, during the SD commercials on CBS, the top edge bled off the top of my screen just as it normally does, so I'm convinced this must have something to do with how the actual HD content was being fed -- it certainly has absolutely nothing to do with my equipment. Very irritating. Does anyone know what the deal is?

Brent

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought it was just me. I noticed the same thing in Cleveland during the 9:00 and 9:30 shows. I ignored it since I just set up the HD portion of my system on Friday (figured I still needed to do some tweaking), so I don't rememebr if the commercials were different or not.

BTW, I am using a Studio Experience 13HD to project to a 7' screen and saw a 1-3" gap across the top of the screen to the top of the picture.

-Jeff

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Perhaps you are seeing "tilt and scan"? Some studios (I think Paramount is one of them) frame for a 4x3 image and extract a 16x9 from that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for replying and letting me know that I'm not crazy. I'll have to check CBS out tonight and see if it's still happening. I sure hope it was just an aberration, because it annoyed me to no end (yes, I'm compulsive -- just like most of you reading this) :D

Brent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.