AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on where I can get shortened power cords...say 2 or 3 feet?

The power cord that came with my projector is probably 8 to 10 feet and much longer than what I need since it will be ceiling mounted. Thanks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Weird not sure if AVSForum cut that short or something. Do an amazon search on "Power Strip Liberator Flat 18'' (5-Pack)"

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhallida /forum/post/0

Weird not sure if AVSForum cut that short or something. Do an amazon search on "Power Strip Liberator Flat 18'' (5-Pack)"

Well, that search works. The only problem is that those are not power cord replacements. The are short extension cords (i.e. the have a female plug, not an IEC connector) that are desgined to keep upit power strip from getting hogged up with wall-warts.

Unless I turned up something different than what you originally found.

·
Registered
250 Posts
No you are right. I messed up sorry for that. The first link should be good though. 1 foot cables, just not 90 angled? I have a recessed clock outlet, so I wouldn't want a 90 degree cable anyway. Did you put in a recessed clock? Maybe consider that along with one of those 1 foot power cables. Talking of short cables. I am on the hunt for somewhat flexible (if they exist) 1.5 foot HDMI cables, and Component 1.5 foot cables etc. I think dvigear cables are too stiff etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the input...so here is a follow-up question:

My HC3000 came with a power cord that is 18awg, 300V, and a temperature rating of 105 degree C. I got a 3 foot replacement cord that is also 18awg, 300V, but with a temperature rating of only 75 dgree C. I read on one website that temperature rating for the wiring feeding certain lights must match or exceed the rating for the light. If the temperature rating of the wiring is lower than required, the insulation around it can becomes brittle, which allows arcing between bare wires, which could be a fire hazard, etc.

Should my replacement cord have a temperature rating that matches the 105 degree C of the power cord that came with the unit?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.