AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am going to buy a projector this week, i cant wait. I have decided to buy a short term unit for my theater, and then move it up to my bedroom in the next year. I realize this is in the wrong price forum but here we go. I can get a sony hs10 new for chump change or four an extra 1000 i can get a refurbish Sharp 9000. DVD and HD cable are all i will watch. My theater will have a 120 inch screen with 100% light control, once it goes to my bedroom it will be more like an 80inch screen.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
George,

I looked in the classifieds here and saw both an AE300 and an InFocus 5700 that looked reasonable. How about the AE300 for about 2 months and then an HS20 or something better. The 5700 might be a good fit for longer than 2 months.

BTW: I'm don't know either of the parties selling these.

--Darin

·
Registered
148 Posts
how about a infocus x1?

Its onlt $1000, looks great (if you are not troubled by rainbows), and the price is right. if rainbows are a problem (the have subsided for me), you could go with the sanyo z1 for an extra couple hundred. I think it would be silly (imo) to spend more than $2000 for a temporary fix.

again, just my opinion.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.