AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now the proud owner of a Stewart Grayhawk SNDV100 w/velux. No applause please . BUT, my theater will not be completed for about 2 more months. I fully inspected the package, frame, checked dimensions and unrolled and re-rolled up the screen material to inspect for any problems. None found (once again, no applause please)

How long can the screen stay rolled and in the box, before installation without worrying about creases/wrinkles, etc...?? Anyone done this before ?

mjburton

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump....

can anyone give me advice about leaving the screen fabric rolled for a couple of months???

any Stewart rep out there?

mjburton

·
Registered
835 Posts
It should be OK if the screen was rolled up correctly without any wrinkles. I'm fairly certain Stewart stores their exhibition screens rolled up most of the year so you should be fine!

Regards,

Kam Fung

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KFung
It should be OK if the screen was rolled up correctly without any wrinkles. I'm fairly certain Stewart stores their exhibition screens rolled up most of the year so you should be fine!

Regards,

Kam Fung
Kam is exactly correct. The screen material for a "dedicated room" screen is exactly the same as the screen

material in a roll-up screen.

Except for the most devout videophile with too much time on his hands, the roll-up screen spends 99% of its time rolled

up.

Dr. Gregory Greenman

Physicist

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I concure. But should the screen have a few wrinkles in it when you open it up to install, they will most likely work themselves out over time. These screens stretch the material very tight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx everyone... you all confirmed my thoughts !

Now I just need to finish building the room.

mjburton

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Should it be stored on the floor or against the wall? I have mine on the floor because it kept falling over so I finally just left it. I wonder if the weight will cause fold wrinkles?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.