AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie and after a ton of research was about to buy an HS10 when I decided to do more homework. I discovered that the throw distance for the HS-10 would mean a smaller screen than anticipated (I have one great mounting point in my cellar ceiling that is only 11' from the wall.) Then, I hear about the upcoming HS20. On a website recently I saw "Short-throw lens" as an option for the HS10. Is that true? Do any HS10 owners have this lens? I have asked my dealer the same question but have not received a response yet.

Thanks,

John in Northern NY

·
Registered
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by actonweber
On a website recently I saw "Short-throw lens" as an option for the HS10. Is that true? Do any HS10 owners have this lens? I have asked my dealer the same question but have not received a response yet.

Thanks,

John in Northern NY
I don't have the lens, but one exists for the HS10. If memory serves me, I noticed on a HS20 buletin that it used the same model number. There is an outlet on the internet that sells "B" stock (open box, surplus) for substantially less. A few people have purchased this (it is a different model number, but the same specs.) and saved a lot of money.

If you don't get any better answers, I will see what I come up with tonight.

Gary

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
I would be interested in this info as well. The stock short-throw and long-throw lenses are $1500.00, half the price of the projector!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gmshoemaker
If you don't get any better answers, I will see what I come up with tonight.

Gary
Ok, the following quote is from August. I directed someone to http://www.bpcvalue.com . The stock on hand is not correct. I don't see any in stock at the moment, but they did have stock at various times over the last 6 months.

"Model VPLLCW10.B (B means "B" stock. VPLLCW10 is the regular number.)

Quantity

Category

LCD Projectors

Description

Short Throw Conversion Lens For The VPL-PS10, VPL-PX10 and VPL-PX15 (HS-10 not included here, but a member did verify that he bought it and it did work for his HS10)

Long Description

The VPLL-CW10 is an adaptor designed to fit over the standard lens supplied with the VPL-PS10, VPL-PX10, and VPL-PX15 LCD projectors. When using the adaptor, the throw distance become 0.8 times the diagonal screen size. It attaches within seconds, and comes complete with a safety strap to protect against damage. NOTE: By special arrangement with Sony, order will be fulfilled and billed by Compudigital Industries

List Price

$1,500.00

Sale Price

$250.00

Savings

83 %

Warranty

B Stock, sold 'as is with no warranties of any kind'

I hope this helps.

Gary

·
Registered
837 Posts
Here is the HS-10 Lens thread from August 25, 2003:

Click here.

Two members verified that they were pleased with the lens.

Gary

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the great replies! If I buy the HS10 soon or HS20 in a few months I now know how to take care of my throw problem!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gmshoemaker
The stock on hand is not correct. I don't see any in stock at the moment, but they did have stock at various times over the last 6 months.
Huh? They have 5 in stock. I'm pretty sure this is accurate, since I bought one recently and the stock immediately dropped from 6 to 5. :)

http://www.bpcvalue.com/InventoryDet...m?Rec_Num=1929

The lens does have a little "b-stock" sticker on it, but appears to be in pristine condition.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
Huh? They have 5 in stock. I'm pretty sure this is accurate, since I bought one recently and the stock immediately dropped from 6 to 5. :)

http://www.bpcvalue.com/InventoryDet...m?Rec_Num=1929

The lens does have a little "b-stock" sticker on it, but appears to be in pristine condition.
Ok, it is there. I couldn't find it when I checked. There you go guys. Grab them up. :)

Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.