AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone aware of a lens that can be attached to a Sharp 9000 DLP projector - for short throw situations. I can not get my projector mounted far enough back from my desired screen size - and therefore, I need an additional lens to enlarge the image.

The sharp web site mentions short throw lens for some of their projectors, but does not list one for the 9000.

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
So the projector is to Klose to the screen:)

If they do have one it will not be cheap. Most likely $1500 or higher.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input - Klose is the right word - I moved to a different place and rather than cut a hole in the wall (even though the thought has crossed my mind) I was hoping there might be a lower cost alternative - maybe Santa will be good to me this year.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Allen and Alan,

I think the short throw option for the Sharp 9000 is the 'sell it and buy an HT1000' option :)

--Darin

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Allen Klose:

I would advise against using a short throw lens on the Sharp, or even using the Sharp's zoom to get a larger picture - you are going to noticeably lose contrast and brightness. The Sharp looks the best when you set the picture size as small as possible and move the projector back to enlarge the image. This projector does not have contrast nor brightness to spare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.