AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My current room layout limits to an 8 ft project to screen distance (more or less) and a max width of about 80". So that's got me looking at short throw projectors. So far there's the LT150 (not only does everyone seem to love it but it will do 60" wide at 8 feet) and the Plus 1100SF (about the same width but I'm not sure about quality yet). Are there others that I should be considering (light control isn't an issue but cost could be especially since here in Canada the prices tend to the ridiculous range).

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
But if the room is that small you will have a hard time getting far enough back to negate the screendoor effect of digitals....

I would rather have a 60 inch (and very bright) image that I could not see pixels than a 120 inch and see a little...

I am lucky in that I can get a long way back from my screen as it is a big room but the difficulty is the room is a main use open plan apartment with kitchen and windows making light control difficult...

Life is all about compromise http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/cool.gif

------------------
New email [email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seats themselves are back approx. 12 feet so I don't think the screen door will be a huge problem. The problem is a pesky pole in room:

================f>
screenf>
f>
f>
x polef>
f>
f>
seatsf>
================f>

So I'm forced to put the projector closer to the screen so that the pole isn't in the line of the image from the projector - hope that makes sense (and nope - the pole can't be moved more than about 12" due to regulations).

[This message has been edited by emo (edited 08-31-2001).]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Was that an overhead shot ??? If so why not the following...

================

screen---------/

--\\-----------/-

---\\---------/--

x---\\-------/---

-----\\-----/----

------\\---/-----

seats--\\-/------

================

If you where meaning you have a beam across the ceiling a pj with an image drop may miss it...

------------------
New email [email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

[This message has been edited by Phat Phreddy (edited 08-31-2001).]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shoot, my ascii drawing didn't work (white spaces - I must be a rookie). It's more like this:

-[---80"--]-----

================ wall

---screen-------

--\\------/------

---\\----/-------

----\\--/x-------

-----\\/--------- 8'

----------------

---seats-------- 11'

================

And the pole is a support beam - floor to ceilng. So I can't pull the project back any more without getting the pole in the picture.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You are the candidate for a 90degree turn using a mirror.

You can scrounge a first-surface mirror from an old RPTV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.