AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, this is a GREAT resource and thanks to everyone for building such a helpful community experience. I found out about this board by accident in a forum on remotecentral.com.

I have a Marantz 5000 programmable remote (same as Phillips Pronto) that runs my home theater. For those of you not familiar with this device, some call it the "Widowmaker" since it's so flexible that I have spent WAY TOO much time building an intuitive touchscreen UI for running a pretty complicated HT setup.

I have found that if I'm a couple of screens into a UTV menu and I press another unrelated button, I can cut down on a lot of unnecessary keystrokes. So the point of my message is this: beyond just using Exit to get back to a main screen, try just going where you want to go without regard for taking the perfect path and in many cases you'll be pleasantly surprised at how you can get there fairly easily.

Also, using a programmable remote with UTV has allowed me to build one button that scrolls to the right 6 times, once every 1.5 seconds, which has proven to be a good way to look thru the guide. There are many more shortcuts and some discrete power on/power off IR codes that I got from remote central. If anyone is interested in my "CCF" file for my system, you're welcome to it. It also contains graphical channel icons grouped by category that I can jump directly to, thus bypassing the Guide, Guide, Guide favorite channel lists. There are lots of ways to make the UTV experience even better through programmable third party remotes.

Thanks for reading!

------------------

Doug S

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a UniversalRemote Home Theater Master MX-500. Do you have specifics you would like to talk about in speeding things up and automating certain processes? I'm sure there are a lot of people who would like to hear about your ideas. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.