AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a new-to-me Mitsubishi HC1500. My old projector was a Sharp that the lens was offset from the middle of the case 3 inches to one side. The Mitsubishi's lens is dead center of the case. Shooting on a 80" screen from 11' do you guess the 3" will cause a out-of-square problem large enough to warrant moving my mount? I am using the same mount, just a different mounting plate for the projector. If I will have to move the mount, I may crawl in the attic before the projector arrives to see what my options are for moving the ceiling plate. If you have an educated guess on this, let me know. Thanks for your help. Lots of helpful folks on this forum.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
YUP! How about the offset of the image not the lens location, is it the same between the 2 projectors? May need to move up or down as well if is not exactly the same.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the offset is 2" different between the two projectors, I will just have to move the new one up by going into a different mounting hole on the mount extension, that is pretty easy. It will be easier to move the projector if I have to since the screen since it is screwed to the wall in quite a few places, plus the felt border is stuck to the wall also. What do you think about the side to side difference?

·
Registered
6,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 257roberts /forum/post/18314232

Yes, the offset is 2" different between the two projectors, I will just have to move the new one up by going into a different mounting hole on the mount extension, that is pretty easy. It will be easier to move the projector if I have to since the screen since it is screwed to the wall in quite a few places, plus the felt border is stuck to the wall also. What do you think about the side to side difference?

You will need to move it. I set my projector up on a table each time I use it and have a small screen.. 1/2" is a LOT to move it.. comes off the screen!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts