AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a pair of Klipsch Reference Series RF-3 Towers for sale on craigslist but noticed they went out of production in 2001. Since Klipsch generally has a 5 year warranty, the warranty would be over with now. The deal seems pretty good, but I'm worried about how long they may last.

Edit: It seems that this good price might be for 1 Tower even though two are shown in the picture. I always get confused when someone mentions they bought a "pair" of speakers.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojita /forum/post/16958031

I see a pair of Klipsch Reference Series RF-3 Towers for sale on craigslist but noticed they went out of production in 2001. Since Klipsch generally has a 5 year warranty, the warranty would be over with now. The deal seems pretty good, but I'm worried about how long they may last.

Edit: It seems that this good price might be for 1 Tower even though two are shown in the picture. I always get confused when someone mentions they bought a "pair" of speakers.

You need to do a good visual and physical inspection with the grills off, run power through them to get a good listen, and then offer a good price.... (good for you). You need to do all of this with confidence if you expect to get a good deal, so do your homework first. The speakers are almost ten years old. If you are serious, you could ask the seller to bring them to you, so that you can hook them up with your stuff and hear them in your room. Having some friends there is also a good idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts