AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a toshiba 39l1350 led tv. Its 1080p, clearscan 120hz LED TV. I fell asleep while playing Gran Turismo 6 on my playstation 3. My screen stayed on the full 7 hours. I think it dimmed itself. Should I be worried?

·
Registered
181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawe  /t/1524672/should-i-be-worried-about-burn-in-with-my-tv#post_24540506

I have a toshiba 39l1350 led tv. Its 1080p, clearscan 120hz LED TV. I fell asleep while playing Gran Turismo 6 on my playstation 3. My screen stayed on the full 7 hours. I think it dimmed itself. Should I be worried?

You would notice the image retention immedietly, if it looks ok now, you're in the clear imo.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill take a look later tonight. I believe burn in is where the image is imprinted in the screen. How can I notice this? Do I turn on the tv and if its a black screen with the "no signal" icon, I should be able to see it right? Sorry if I sound like im going on but I just got this tv and love it. I thought it wasnt an issue with led tvs?

·
Registered
181 Posts
You're more likely to notice it on lighter backgrounds, depending on what the static image was.

It's definitely a bigger issue with plasma, but it is possible with LED, tho I've never seen it.

I believe most TVs have a screen saver option, is that what you meant by it dimmed itself? If so, I'm sure you're going to fine!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. I think it dimmed itself. Ill look tonight to see what the screensaver option is at. The static image was a paused screen in a racetrack. Now im really nervous
I really hope nothing happened.But how long is enough to worry about burn in?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I always believed LCD screen were free of image retention until I got my HP Spectre 13t-3000 laptop. The screen on this laptop has image retention that rivals plasma screens. I've been using LCD computer monitors for a decade and never experienced such things before. I also heard the the retina Macbook Pro suffers from image retention as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts