AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bought my Panasonic 65VT60 well over a year ago and got a great deal that included ISF calibration.  Unfortunately I have large windows that go from floor to ceiling, wall to wall, and black out curtains are just more money than I am willing to spend for a place I am not sure how long I am going to be at (around $1,000).  I have been trying to get ConnectPro from Futureshop (part of the deal with my TV) to come after hours, but they have been jerking me around.  Granted one time I cancelled, but they have cancelled twice now, and they book four or five months in advance for night time calibrations.  At this point in time I am going to return to the store and demand my money back for the calibration as they are completely useless and I will never get my TV calibrated if I continue to wait for them.  I will never do business with ConnectPro again. 

My question is, I have never had ISF calibration before, is it really worth $300+ to get it done?  I am happy with my TV (although I do think it is a little heavy with green in some scenes) and am unsure if it would be worth getting it done, especially after I have been watching it heavy for over a year now.

Also, if I do decide to get it, where can I find someone reputable in the Toronto area, and how much should I expect to spend?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Todd

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
The more hours you have on the TV the better it is for a calibration as your colors will not shift as much as a panel with fewer hours.

As far as if it if worth it. If you want the most accurate picture it is. All all calibrators the same. Nope. So just because you are paying someone to calibrate it does not mean the results will be as good as they can be. That is where a reputable calibrator comes in. From the place you paid, how long are they allowed to stay at your house to calibrate? Is it a wham, bam thank you maam or will they spend the day there?

I think even in your environment it will be worth it to get it calibrated if you have the money. At least you will know everything is accurate as can be and even if you move, the colors should still be accurate, you might just need to play with the contrast and brightness plus the calibrator should calibrate a day and night mode anyway for you.

Sorry, can't help with calibrators local to you though. Maybe others can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts