Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i saw in the x1 faq that there is a question regarding DIY s-video to component adapter and i didn't understand something.

how many pins i'll need that it will work fine without any foults?

thank you

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and infocus don't send to international customers.

i want to ask you if you can buy it for me and i'll pay you for shipping to israel.

i saw it at BHPHOTO but the shipping cost is to much

·
Registered
778 Posts
My understanding is, it is a semi-unique adaptor because there are more pins on the S-Video plug than the standard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe you at least need to have pins 1, 2, R, G, B.

not sure whether a more "standard" 7-pin S-video connector can fit in or not... some notebook computers use 7-pin S-video connector for S-video plus sound... if it fits, you may be able to modify the other end for connecting to component cables.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unless you are looking to do two component video feeds to the projector stay away form the S-Video input. The X1 only takes a 480i signal through there. You are better doing a DYI component to 15-pin, easier to get the connectors and you can send the 480p, 720p and the 1080i in to that port.

And the 480i..... Please if I'm wrong about the 480i into the 15-pin someone correct me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cohen12
for example BHPHOTO

cost of the cable:10 usd

shipping cost:26 usd

it doesn't seem right
The problem is the cable itself is cheap item. A $300 graphics card probably cost the same to ship.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.