AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any advantage to buying a Denon dvd player to go with my Denon receiver (3803)?? I am looking at getting the Denon 910 or the Panny XP30 but someone told me I should stick with Denon because the DVD player and the receiver will talk to each other??? I am not sure that this person knows what they are talking about so I figured I'd ask you guys instead. Help! Any truth to what I have been told?? Denon or Panasonic?? Want the best DVD player I can get for under $400. Thanks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think it is more of a subjective thing. Getting Denon to match the receiver you have is always nice, but is it the best option?! Sales people will almost try anything to get a sale. See it with your own eyes before making your choice, in the end you have to live with the product, not them.

I remember shopping for a receiver and the sales guy telling me not to buy THX as it was made by Spielberg's company and was not worth the extra outlay. I was shocked and told him that THX was formed by a stalwart at Lucas, embarassingly shocked by this, he pointed towards the Yamaha, stating they don't like THX on their products ( Z9, ring a bell?! ). I reckon he went home with his tail firmly between his legs. Bottom line is, don't trust the guy that just wants the sale for the sake of a sale.

Anyways, I personally have never owned a Denon DVD player, although I have a Denon receiver, I usually favour the players from Sony,Toshiba and Pioneer.

Mark

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
They look good together on the shelf - similar style but I'd say thats the only advantage. There is no special control the receiver has over the DVD player - they hook together the same as the Xp30 does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.