AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Get the Panny CP72 which will have a much better picture then your Xbox has. With the Panny CP72 you get 5 disc changer, black with mirror styling, MP3 and WMA playback, full CD-R and CD-RW compatibility, VCD-SVCD-XVCD support, the best progressive or interlaced picture for under $250, and DVD Audio all for around $230 shipped - $30 mail-in rebate = $200.00 from either www.jandr.com or www.onecall.com . Both of those places are Panasonic authorized etailers so you the $30 mail-in rebate will for sure be valid. Get them while they are still here since the Rp82 have vanished, I am sure these CP72 will be soon to follow if more people jump on the bandwagon to get them.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how good is the audio (cd, mp3)??

thx for the input, btw.

will the step up from the xbox to cp72 be as big as the step from dvd player to htpc?

Hard to say, I know, but hazard a guess everyone....

thx,

Rob

·
Registered
499 Posts
I find the audio to be as good as I have heard for MP3 and CD playback through the digital output. I let my Sony DA4ES do the DAC processing. I can't tell the difference between a 192kbps + STEREO MP3 and the actual CD via the digital output except that the MP3 decoding is a little bit louder then normal CD playback. I have never seen an HTPC setup, but I am sure going from the XBox to CP72 would be just as a big of a jump or better in picture quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.