AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 7.1 channel system which I have bowers & wilkins speakers and subwoofer. I am a little torn on what receiver to get I have been looking at the yamaha aventage receivers and the marantz receivers. I have around $1-1.3k budget for the receiver. I am looking for something that would sound the best and not have any issues. Let me know what you recommend. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,784 Posts
Both make great receivers. It's a personal preference but I like Audyssey (featured with Marantz receivers) better than YPAO (Yamaha). $1300 will get you a near top of line Yamaha Aventage receiver. What features do you absolutely have to have? Also, what B&W speakers will you be using?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response these are the speakers I have ordered. You will see I have spent quite of bit of money on these speakers and I want something that is able to handle this 7.1 system. Let me know what the best sounding system would be. We would use it for movies, tv and also music.

(1 pr) Bower & Wilkins CM5 - MAINS

(1 single) Bowers & Wilkins CMC2WG - CENTER

(1 pr) Bower & Wilkins CCM663 - Surrounds

(1) Bowers & Wilkins Subwoofer - In-wall Flush!!

(1) Bowers & Wilkins Amp (250 watt) for Subwoofer

·
Registered
344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonline  /t/1470859/should-i-buy-a-marantz-receiver-or-the-yamaha-aventage-receiver#post_23270140

Thanks for your response these are the speakers I have ordered. You will see I have spent quite of bit of money on these speakers and I want something that is able to handle this 7.1 system. Let me know what the best sounding system would be. We would use it for movies, tv and also music.

(1 pr) Bower & Wilkins CM5 - MAINS

(1 single) Bowers & Wilkins CMC2WG - CENTER

(1) Bowers & Wilkins Subwoofer - In-wall Flush!!

(1) Bowers & Wilkins Amp (250 watt) for Subwoofer

Bought a Yamaha 2020 and returned it. Also running B&W speakers and the Yamaha made them sound dull and lacked punch in the low end. Really not a fan of Yamaha's room correction was awful compared to Audussy. In this price range I would look at Onkyo maybe a 818. You get Audussy xt32 and a much bigger power supply then the Marantz.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiconthx  /t/1470859/should-i-buy-a-marantz-receiver-or-the-yamaha-aventage-receiver#post_23271057

Bought a Yamaha 2020 and returned it. Also running B&W speakers and the Yamaha made them sound dull and lacked punch in the low end. Really not a fan of Yamaha's room correction was awful compared to Audussy. In this price range I would look at Onkyo maybe a 818. You get Audussy xt32 and a much bigger power supply then the Marantz.

What receiver did you end up buying then?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts