AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my desktop I have currently a X850 XT PE. I am trying to set up my HTPC and Ive tried using Powerstrip only to find that everything I try to alter something, I end up getting a not supported source error from my TV. CCC can't get my TV past 720p resolution though my HDTV can go up to 1080p.

Ive tried just using windows to change the resolution to 1920x1080 at 60 hz but only to get blackbars on the side and my entire desktop isn't shown on the TV.

I changed it to 1776x1000 and I get the whole screen but I get white lines and text get very fuzzy but I get the entire screen.

So Im not sure whats wrong, would a new Video Card fix the error?

EDIT:Seems like the resolution is the thing if it goes to 30 hz, the screen gets fuzzy but stays sharp at 60 hz

Will a newer video card allow for a resolution of 1776x1000 in 60 hz(progressive)?

·
Registered
65 Posts
What kind of television do you have? I seriously doubt you actually have a 1080p screen since there aren't but about 4 on the market that will actually display 1080p. Sounds like your another victim of marketing...

The reason is most screens that have the capability to display 1080p are using HDMI 1.0 or 1.1, which doesn't actually support a 1080p stream. Only screens with HDMI ports of v1.3 can actually display a 1080p signal.

Purchasing a video card will not help unless you do in fact have a screen that is capable but it requires HDCP protection to take the signal, which would require you to buy a compliant video card. Verify this with the manufacturer before doing so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.