AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy an Audiotron but am really interested in on screen display, since I cannot see my system rack from the couch. My question is, should I buy an Audiotron now and try to work around this problem or should I wait indefinetly for the new Audiotron 200 with OSD.

I called the sales dept. at Turtle Beach and they basically told me that they wouldn´t know when it comes out until it does, but it should be sometime this year. I don´t want to wait too long (im a bit impatient).

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have three Audiotrons and couldn't live without 'em. You should be able to find a decent deal online on the current model; then when the new one comes out, just put the old one in your bedroom!

Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree. I have two AT-100's and I wouldn't mind a couple more. Fantastic gadget!

As for a workaround, you can control the AT from a web interface, although it's kind of klunky. I have heard of alternative web interfaces written by other enthusiasts to replace the standard one, but I've never tried them. Of course, if you already have a networked HTPC then you probably don't really need an Audiotron in that room.

You could always use an old laptop or something. Or use the excuse to buy a tablet PC.

The new AT is supposed to have built-in wireless, which should be sweet. Like Mike says, you'll have no problem finding another room for your AT-100 when the new one comes out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.