AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was thinking about buying a pair of Paradigm Legends - but they're a demo / floor model....should I be concerned??

Anything to look / listen for to know if the're still in good condition?

Any oppinions appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
As long as they look and sound good, I don't see any reason not to buy demo speakers. My Monitor 90Ps were floor models, I just checked them out very carefully to make sure there wasn't any damage. I had already spent a lot of time listening to them, they were the same speakers I had demoed. The shop was an authorized Paradigm dealer, so I got the full factory warrenty and a 30 day return store warrenty, along with a very good discount.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Assuming you like their sound and you're getting a good deal. Since you don't list your location, be aware that you can purchase Paradigm equipment in Canada for significantly less than U.S. cost...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Of all the secondary market options - refurbs, open boxes, b-stock, and demo models, demo models are the most preferrable. A demo is just a brand new model that has been broken in, and one which you can audition and physically examine before buying. Arguably better than buying new.

Refurbs have been used and possibly even repaired. Open boxes have been brought to someone's residence and never refurbished - you don't know how the item was treated. B-stock is just that, something new but with a (usually) small defect. I will always get a demo model when available. I got my Denon 3801 a few months back as a demo model for $475. Beat that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys.

I gave it a listen, and it didn't have the samew quality as the studio 7s - unfortunitly they don't have that as a demo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.