AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pull the trigger on a 50" Panasonic plasma but I am hesitant to buy from an online retailer that I have never heard of that offers a low price. I can't find a brick and mortar store in my area (central NJ) that has the newest displays. My concern is that if I have problems with the set, I could always put it in the back of the car and take it back to Best Buy. If I buy from Crazyplasmadeals.com and the set goes bad for whatever reason, I have to try to make it right with a person on the phone. Are most plasmas covered by manufacturers warranties for the first year or am I better off buying a 2-3 year extended warranty from the dealer? Does anyone have any experience with defective merchandise with online retailers and their return policy or warranties?

Thanks,

geforce

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Search on 'have permission from' on this forum and one of the threads that turns up is about experiences with online vendors. Look through there and you'll find lots of feedback about various vendors. Some vendors get mentioned over and over in there, while some other ones get only a mention or two. For some of the ones that get only a mention or two, more research will reveal some have had many positive transactions with members here and others haven't The forum sponsors should also be safe places for an online purchase. It is a little nerve-racking making such an expensive purchase online, but if you have the stomach for it you can save a lot of money which may be the difference between getting what you want or not. Consumer model Panasonics have a 1 year in-home warranty. Many credit cards will double that warranty if you purchase it on their card.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jrock65
Which credit cards double the warranty? Do I have to get a special credit card with this feature?
Visa Gold, AmEx (not sure which levels). I'd guess MasterCard does as well. Visa's website has the info under Warranty Manager.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.