Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am in Northern VA & getting Direct TV installed at my new home.

Personally, I like to own my equipment, but am worried about the ever changing world of HDTV!

The box I am considering purchasing is the HR-10 250HD. Should I purchase the unit, or rent it through Direct TV & maintaint the ability to upgrade through them as the service changes?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
You can lease the PVR-942 from Dish for $250, but you must buy the HR-10 250HD from D*. D* is currently having an offer here on the 250, so you may want to see what you can do there. I’ve said before I will never own another HD receiver just because technology changes so frequently and I change providers when it becomes necessary for different reasons. I’ve taken a $500 hit owning two different HD receivers, so for me to lease one at $250 for a couple of years works for me. I’ll leave the burden to the provider to keep me up to speed on technology changes even if means it may cost me a few $. YMMV.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
"Should I purchase the unit, or rent it through Direct TV & maintaint the ability to upgrade through them as the service changes?"

Purchasing is the only option, check out the HR10-250 for $299 thread in this forum for a good deal on one though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.