AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through some major home theatre upgrades.

Just purchased a Onkyo TX-SR507.

Current Speaker setup:

2 Quest QT66 Front's (will be the last speakers in my setup to replace)

Logitech Z-5500 centre channel (replacing first)

Logitech Z-5500 rear L/R (replacing third)

No sub (adding second)

Looking at an ad right now for Paradigm CC-350 for $250CAD. Seems a little expensive for a fairly old speaker (seen reviews for it from 1998!). Speaker is said to be in perfect condition and treated well. What do you guys think? For this price should I look elsewhere? My budget is preferably $300 for the centre channel.

·
Registered
29,315 Posts
Unless you plan to buy Paradigm fronts to match the CC-350, I dont really see the point. You should pick out 3 front speakers from the same mfr and if you can only afford the center right now, get that. But make sure you get the other two later.

So if your long range plan is to buy more Paradigms, then the CC-350 may not be bad idea.

·
Registered
29,315 Posts

Quote:
Is matching really that important?

If you want seamless tonal quality across the front sound stage it is! Highly recommended that you get 3 of the same speaker across the front or 2 fronts and the matching center.

You don't want voices, vocals or music panning across the front that sound different in each speaker. It'd be nice to have matching surround speakers too but that's not quite as important.

$250 does sound high for an older Paradigm center. I found a mint CC-370 here in the states for $200. And that's a lot newer than the CC-350! But the Canadian market may be different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.