AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
i picked up the ps3 20gb+ the extra remote and i couldn't be happier. i am a gamer too (so it was a no brainer for me) but i haven't even used it for gaming yet

scored it on fleabay for $530 including extra controller, and 2 games w/receipts (all of which i returned so it made for a steal)

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
PS3.

Easier to sell one day.

·
Registered
120 Posts
PS3 > Sammy BD

unless you like upconversion DVD playback

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
I went the other way on this one. The PS3 would not have integrated into my AV rack / shelf system easily at all compared to the sleekish Samsung. I find the Samsung to be one of the faster blu-ray players out there. Fast enough to be a non factor for me.

If your a gamer at all or thinm you may become even a mild gamer, the PS3 is the no brainer. For those of us thar are not and will not, I don't think the gaming console will be desired near as much.

Let us know what you order, but order it up and start watching more real HD content!!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeep /forum/post/0

I'm planning to buy a blu ray player this month so, help me out. PS3 or Samsung player that came out last year.

I am not really a gamer, but I chose the PS3, because at this point, it is the cheapest blu-ray player there is. Luckily, I have the option of playing games if I ever want to.

Also, people have said the PS3 is probably one of the better of the blu-ray players because of it's picture quality and faster load times than anything currently out there

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everybody for your feedback....Looks like I will be getting a PS3 60 GB. Any other player is not in my price range. Can't wait to watch blu ray movies.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeep /forum/post/0

Thank you everybody for your feedback....Looks like I will be getting a PS3 60 GB. Can't wait to watch blu ray movies.

Plenty of them available nowadays........The only one hard to find is the 20g. I went ahead got the 60.

·
Registered
607 Posts
"Huh? The Sammy has poor SD DVD upconversion playback."

I think it looks pretty good even compared to my Toshiba A1. Not quite as good but not nearly as bad as those on this forum would have you believe. And I do OWN both. As well as a PS3.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I also have the Sammy, an HDA1, and a PS3. The PS3 has much faster bootup and load than the Sammy, better pq for BluRay, but doesn't upconvert and lacks 5.1 analog outs for lossless PCM sound (I'm not giving up my HK AVR635 until it blows up, so no HDMI receiver for me). The HDA1 does have noticeably better upconversion than the Sammy BD player, so the lack of upconversion on the PS3 is not a problem.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMOTA /forum/post/0

PS3 20.. If you have a PS2 to trade in then you can get 100 bucks off the PS3 so ... 399(at EB Games or Game Stop) get the BT remote....

You can also go to Sony Style and open a Sony credit card and after your first purchase they will credit your card $100...I got in on the $150 credit...my 20gb cost me $349. I agree the BD remote works excellent.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If only the PS3 had an IR port. I would like to kick the guy where so doesn't shine who made that decision. Then go across the hall and wake up the developers and tell them to fix the scaling issues.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.