AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I buy the Newegg Extended warranty with the ONKYO TX-NR709? I heard about the issues with this receiver but I've also heard it in the store and for the price to features ratio the only thing that comes close is the Pioneer Elite VSX 52 or maybe the Pioneer 1121 K but the price isn't as good and the 1121 K I don't think has as long a warranty.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the thing is Newegg has it on sale for $599.99 right now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Squretrade is offering 20% off on warranties thru the 29th using the code SCHOOL. Vanns is a little cheaper right now on the TX-NR709 Onkyo and they are authorized. The squaretrade warranty is a year longer and cheaper with the discount applied.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
CC warranty extension is a good way to go and it's free. Remember, in most cases you don't have to get one right away, Squaretrade, Mack, and others sell them later too, the time span varies as to when it is effective, and when it can not be added (after the mfg warranty is expired, etc.).

I doubt I would get one. Anything at least 2 years is a pretty safe bet. Electronics generally fails early. Also, see if the warranty can be transferred, most mfg for electronics can not. Also if it can be canceled with a pro-rated refund in case you decide to sell/upgrade.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoaddikt
CC warranty extension is a good way to go and it's free. Remember, in most cases you don't have to get one right away, Squaretrade, Mack, and others sell them later too, the time span varies as to when it is effective, and when it can not be added (after the mfg warranty is expired, etc.).

I doubt I would get one. Anything at least 2 years is a pretty safe bet. Electronics generally fails early. Also, see if the warranty can be transferred, most mfg for electronics can not. Also if it can be canceled with a pro-rated refund in case you decide to sell/upgrade.
I'm buying through Newegg Preffered credit so the CC option isn't there I don't think.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucollar
I got mine cheaper from a local retailer and they even threw in the onkyo wireless module. Also got a 5 yr warranty for an extra $50..might wanna do some shopping around locally if possible.
onkyo wireless module? What is that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.