Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've got the chance to buy a new Marantz Projector - Video & Data Grade LCD for $2300. Right now, I'm not sure which model it is, I think it may be the VP-8000 or 8100.

Anyone familiar with Marantz projectors? I know this is an incredible deal, just curious if anyone has experience with them, or if I could find just as good a projector at that price?

How about a Stewart Screen - 110" 4.3 Deluxe Frame w/velux for $600?

This came up just as we're saving money to close on a house - but it seems too good to pass up.

FYI, this guy bought some equip from a HT store that got slight smoke damage and claimed it to insurance. So he's selling for 1/2 wholesale. Don't think these items have any damage, though.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
If it's the VP8100, I am not that enthusiastic about it.

See

http://www.projectorcentral.com/cons...i=home_theater

where it is described as "overpriced" (at list of course).

For comparison, look at the NEC LT150, now going for about 2400. I think it looks better. (I have seen both but never at the same time.)

You are being offered an excellent price, so if you like it, go for it.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Bobby,

Please see my post on the LT150 HD thread with regard to the Marantz XGA. The 8000 might actuall be better than the 8100, but neither are close to the LT150

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's exactly the kind of input I was hoping for...you guys are great. So, it seems as though it's not the can't-miss deal I thought it might be.

This will be my first projector, I just thought if the MSRP was so high, it might be better than a

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
That is a good price for a Stewart screen.

You should probably buy the projector first, then match the screen.

I just bought a Da-Lite matte white from AVS for $140 plus shipping, as a present for my son-in-law to match his NEC LT150.

Jason Turk of AVS seems to really know screens.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry dehe,

He's gotten rid of his inventory. I missed out on the projector, even if I had wanted it, he already sold it.

I had the opp. to get a DTC100 for cheap, so I nabbed it. I'll pick it up this weekend. Can't wait to join in on the wonderful world of HDTV!! Now, I've gotta get an HDTV monitor - preferrably a projector ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.