AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just bought my PA-120 about a month ago and am happy with it but I just found a Velodyne SPL-1000 series II for $200. Does anyone have any experience with these 2? Is the velodyne that much better? Also would it blend with the pa-120 if I wanted to run dual subs?

Thanks

· Registered
503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevans /forum/post/16852441

Hey,

I just bought my PA-120 about a month ago and am happy with it but I just found a Velodyne SPL-1000 series II for $200. Does anyone have any experience with these 2? Is the velodyne that much better? Also would it blend with the pa-120 if I wanted to run dual subs?

Thanks

Hey,

I have 2 PA-120's and if your using them primarily for HT, you won't find a better deal at the $$$

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

My setup is primarily for HT. I have a PA-120 and like it but due to room layout I have to have it positioned in the middle of a 30 ft wall that opens to my foyeur and hallway. The opposite side of the room opens to my kitchen so I am losing alot of bass. I was considering running duals, but then I found this Velodyne SPL-1000 series II that retails for over $1000, 1000 watts for $200. It definately looks better on paper but was wanting some feedback from first hand experience.

· Registered
503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevans /forum/post/16867734

Thanks.

My setup is primarily for HT. I have a PA-120 and like it but due to room layout I have to have it positioned in the middle of a 30 ft wall that opens to my foyeur and hallway. The opposite side of the room opens to my kitchen so I am losing alot of bass. I was considering running duals, but then I found this Velodyne SPL-1000 series II that retails for over $1000, 1000 watts for $200. It definately looks better on paper but was wanting some feedback from first hand experience.

I'm sure the velodyne would be a better sub for $1000 retail but it just sounds like you need to position it better, can you put it in a corner or right next to your avr?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.