AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HD DVD drive for the 360?

If this is in the wrong section, I'm sorry.

I've read through few pgs. for the Xbox HD DVD drive, and seems like its very good, but is it worth getting rid of my A1

Things that are aggravating on the A1, load times and the delay when a button is pressed on the remote. Oh, yea, and the remote.

Also, My TV is capable of 1080p, so if the HD DVD are 1080p and the Xbox can do 1080p, how do I connect the Xbox?

My TV is a Mitsubishi #WD-52627 and I dont think I have VGA

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
You can't connect the 360 in 1080p unless you're tv accept VGA.. and the VGA connection on the 360 is flaw because it crush black in everything.

hold to you're A1 and stock some money for a A20 later..

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Keep the A1 and just wait. A1 has the better sound output which easily cancels out the load time. I never really was bothered by the load time on the A1. It gives me enough time to go get a bowl of Ice cream or pop some popcorn before the movie starts.

I'll probably replace my A1 after my extended warranty is no longer valid for it. After that I'll just get whatever the current generation of HD DVD player will be.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin /forum/post/0

Keep the A1 and just wait. A1 has the better sound output which easily cancels out the load time. I never really was bothered by the load time on the A1. It gives me enough time to go get a bowl of Ice cream or pop some popcorn before the movie starts.

I'll probably replace my A1 after my extended warranty is no longer valid for it. After that I'll just get whatever the current generation of HD DVD player will be.

Even if both are running sound through FO, like I am

·
Registered
4,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony01 /forum/post/0

Even if both are running sound through FO, like I am

Does your receiver have Analog inputs you can use? If it doesn't it is my understanding that the audio is still better with FO on the A1 then the HD DVD add on at the moment. I really can not answer that since I do not have the Add on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know I'm sticking with the A1 since I use the analog outs and my HD display is a 720p JVC LCOS.

While the load times *are* a pain and the remote is cheesy, I have no othe real complaints about the player. The PQ and audio are more than enough to offset the others

-bruce

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now my A1 is hooked up HDMI for video and FO for sound, I'm viewing 1080i

My 360 is hooked up component for video and FO for sound, that to is at 1080i.

My receiver is a Yamaha 5680, no HDMI on it.

I have the latest update for 360 to run in 1080p, but when I switch to that the screen goes black and after 10sec. it goes back to 1080i. I assume due to the component hook-up. I have no VGA, but 2 hdmi instead. 1 of those is labeled for PC.

Anyway, as for viewing it would be the same as the A1. I was just wondering that in the future, if MS would release a HDMI cable set for the 360, then if you had the HD DVD drive, you would have your movies at 1080p. The several HD movies that I own are in 1080p format, and I think they all are from what I've seen on the back of the cases.

I'm looking to consolidate if possible, if I can get the same quality from the HD DVD add-on as the A1 puts out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.