AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I'm going to be using the TV for is video games and DVDs. So my question is, if I get and HDTV set, will I need to get an HDTV tuner as well in order to get the best picture quality on my games and movies? And my other question is, would it even be worth it? In terms of an HDTV set I'm looking at the Sony KV-32HS510. And in terms of a non-HDTV set I was thinking of either the Sony Wega KV36FS320 or the Sony Wega KV-36FS120 36. I'm pretty new to this guys, this will be my first new TV in a long time so all help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Bit blunt isn't he...

What Raster should have said was "You've got the CRT projector forum, you might get a better answer in the Rear Projection Unit forum, or the Direct view forum. Good luck."

Manners Raster, manners.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
but just in case you only wanted an answer, you only need the HDTV tuner to watch HDTV; you get the extra picture quality with the HDTV, as long as you feed it good source material. And, as you will find, maybe 1/5 of the HDTVs now available come with built in HD tuners. If you an afford it, buy an HDTV now - you will appreciate it 3 years from now. And try to find one with HDMI - you will also want that down the road.

and as Uncle Rastus says, go to the RPU forum, and you will get LOTS of opinions (oops - meant answers. ;) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.