Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm looking into Athena speakers. I'm planning to buy the panny XR55 or Pioneer 1015. I'm wondering is it better to buy a pair of B1's + speakers stand or the F1's. Speaker stands can be $80 so the price of B1's ($100) + stands ($80) is close to F1's ($230). I'm thinking to get the SVS PB10. So which combination would be a better setup? Thanks.

and btw, I've got a chance to listen to Energy C1's and love them. Goodguys is selling a pair of floor samples for $230. Would the B1/F1 be comparable to the C1's?

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
The B1/PB10 will be much better than F1's and no sub. The F1's go pretty low by themselves (I use one as a center ) , but the PB10 is the best $400 bass you'll find and will leave the F1 behind in the 20-40Hz octave.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I'm wondering if I have the SVS PB10, would it be better with F1's ($230) or B1's+stands($100+$80~$100)? The thing is B1's need speaker stands and floor speakers seem more convenient. Would the F1+SVS PB10 sound too boomy? I'm not sure if I can adjust the crossover on the panny XR55 to compensate that.

·
Banned
5,753 Posts
I own the B1s and an AS-C1 (center channel) Athena set up. I use a KLH Sub and the sound is excellent. There is NO boominess to the Athenas at all. (I have forgotten to turn on the KLH a few times and it amazes me how deep these little B1s go - but never with a cheap boomy sound - they are very clean) The B1s are very tight. I would prefer to have the F1s but I'm happy with the B1s. (It will look better as well. :)

My KLH sub does a pretty good job but I know it would sound better with a better sub.

The extra $50 for the F1s is money well spent IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.