AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have comcast hdtv now, and even though the hdtv channels look good the rest of the channels look like crap. if i got dish would the picture look better overall (hdtv, and digital). how does the hdtv ota channels mesh with the rest of the channels..is it a seamless transition?. also does the dishnetwork package include a ota antenna? if i get dishnetwork...is there a trial peroid before i get stuck in a year contract?

·
Registered
17 Posts
1. Your picture would look better on your HD channels. But the other channels will still be in SD.

2. The OTA channels mesh fine....nothing really extra to do..just hook up an antenna and eureka!

3. It does not include an antenna, you have to purchase one on your own. And it depends on your location which type of antenna you really need and where to place it.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think we all know the HD stuff will be fantastic regardless of how you get it. However, the SD stuff over the dish is still S-video, and is still digital. Some chanels are compressed more than others, but my standard dish feed is much higher quality than any of my family members get with their cable feeds.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input..i called dish about their hdtv 811 package and they are backorder until who knows when. the other problem is that i had dish about 3 years ago, switched to comcast, and now they say im not eligible for any dish promotions....so they say i have to buy a hdtv box...guess they dont want me back as a customer..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.