AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a discontinued model (AVR-486) Denon Receiver with a DVD player and 6 speakers w/ subwoofer from Best Buy for $300. I am thinking about getting new speakers for the L/R front - possibly center too. The ones it came with don't sound bad - but I also got a $230 Best Buy gift card. Should I use the gift card and get some Klipsch bookshelf speakers, or sell the gift card to a friend and use the cash to get something else? The receiver puts out 75Wpc and I am looking to keep the speaker size to something small - possibly an HTD middy? Would there be a big sound difference between the small Denon speakers and a bookshelf-size Klipsch/HTD/AV123/SVS model for

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehs725 /forum/post/0

I just picked up a discontinued model (AVR-486) Denon Receiver with a DVD player and 6 speakers w/ subwoofer from Best Buy for $300. I am thinking about getting new speakers for the L/R front - possibly center too. The ones it came with don't sound bad - but I also got a $230 Best Buy gift card. Should I use the gift card and get some Klipsch bookshelf speakers, or sell the gift card to a friend and use the cash to get something else? The receiver puts out 75Wpc and I am looking to keep the speaker size to something small - possibly an HTD middy? Would there be a big sound difference between the small Denon speakers and a bookshelf-size Klipsch/HTD/AV123/SVS model for

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.