AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on a Mitsubishi 55413. The saleperson told me that I have an option of a 3 year service plan for $350. He said that a Tweeter technician will service the tv once a year. I tend to think that all of these things are not worth it, but should I consider one in this case?

Thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
I wouldn't get it - but I'm cheap. If something is wrong with your TV I figure you'll find out right away.

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Mits generally have low failure rates. It is an expensive purchase though, that you may feel better if it is insured.

Me, I generally do not buy the extended warranties. It is probably much wiser to save these monies for repairs if they are needed later. I have never needed an out of warranty repair in my years of buying electronic components.

Most failures will occurr within the warranty period.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wouldn't get it, but I am cheap as well. Check with your credit card company - my CC told me that if I bought a RPTV, they would double the manufacturer's warranty.

Good enough for me...

Greg

·
Registered
404 Posts
If it is going to fail, it will fail within your warranty period.

I bought one with my first Mits and it was a total waste of money. I never wanted to stay home to get the service guy to clean it. I would have rather spent that money on a better dvd player or dvds or subwoofer.

RPTV's are pretty stable now and Mits is very reliable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.