AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I can get a SP for $120 for 3 years or $220 for 5 years. Is it worth it? TV is great with no problems so far love the PQ quailty. I paid $900 for it.

I see there's another thread on this so ignore this. I would delete this thread but I don't know how.

·
Registered
11 Posts
depends on whether u see the service plan as a value i know on televisions i do just cause i know what it cost to have one repaired. So if it was me i would say yes

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I bought the 3 year plan for my 30HS420 last November. I bought the set online and picked up in store Thanksgiving weekend and CC called a few weeks later and offered the extended coverage. I'm glad I got it because my set has a real red tint when it starts up. If you pull up a dark screen like when the X-Box starts up the dark area has a very very red tint to it. I'll call to get it checked out next time I'm off for a few days.

For me it will probably pay for its self.

Jim

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
The Circuit City warranties are way overpriced. And their "3-year" warranty is actually two years after the factory warranty expires. At least with the Repairmaster 4-year warranties they cover you for the whole four years after the factory one expires. And for a lot less money.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Don't bother. Stop buying ALL EWs TODAY on everything .

In years to come you will have saved thousands playing with the "house". All Ews are a waste of money and a huge profit for those selling them. Many buy few use them. If you were buying a DLP or new Fixed Pixel TV I might say yes. But I would not buy either of those because of the reliability issues.

Get a Paxil prescription. Its less expensive "Peace of mind." Then count up your savings in 30 years.

I am sure even after repairs I have saved over $9000 on EWs on new and used cars, 6 TVs of all sizes, Appliances, laptop and desktop computers..... Its amazing when you look at the big picture how much you do save avoiding the scare tactics and play the odds in favor of the sellers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.