AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..

My G70 is set up for 1080i at the moment which means my HR-20 is scaling & interlacing 720p video.. Is it worth my time to calibrate it to the 720p native Fox signal? Anyone doing/considered doing this?

Can I save my 1080i settings before I re-cal to the 720p signal? I have the older firmware on my G70, so I don't have the memory block thing (not sure that would help me here anyway..

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
boy - if what you say is true, glad I don't have a G70 after all...I have half a dozen blocks in my 980 (NEC) - while I don't see a lot of difference, I like to have the pj and stb both at native rate for the absolute best picture. But no idea if or how you'd save settings on the Sony - would only assume you could, since so many here say they are so much better than lowly NECs.

·
Registered
291 Posts
IMHO-native rate is best. Hard to tell at a glance but in general, after a while I notice the picture is more life-like. Plus with sports you are more likely to see interlacing artifacts at 1080i...IMO.

·
Registered
268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by picree /forum/post/12995218

IMHO-native rate is best. Hard to tell at a glance but in general, after a while I notice the picture is more life-like. Plus with sports you are more likely to see interlacing artifacts at 1080i...IMO.

What he said, using XG-751.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts